Note: this diagram below shows where the seventh vial message is within the full Revelation message. These “vials of God’s wrath” messages complete the purpose of God to destroy the influence of hypocrisy. To better understand a high level view of Revelation, you can also see the “启示录路线图。”
“And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.” ~ Revelation 16:17-18
As stated in the previous post, once all seven vials were poured out, then the voice from God’s throne stated: “It is done!”
When God’s full judgement on hypocrisy is completed, then the spiritual earthquake in the soul removes the walls of deception that hold the people in bondage to spiritual Babylon. That is why in the next scripture the destruction of spiritual Babylon begins (because the walls that protect her are gone.) Of course this is all spiritual, so please realize that the battle is actually for the hearts and souls of people.
“那大城被分成三部分，列国的城都倒塌了。大巴比伦来到神面前，把盛有他烈怒的酒杯递给她。” ~ 启示录 16:19
This earthquake shaking down of the walls, causing the exposure of the city, is exactly what happened in the Old Testament when the Israelites destroyed Jericho, the stronghold of the Promised Land. So this symbolic allegory in Revelation is part of a larger battle plan similar to the one in the Old Testament.
In the Old Testament, the battle plan given by God to Joshua to destroy Jericho was a seven day battle plan made up of “sevens”, similar to the spiritual seven day battle plan found in Revelation.
- 7 days: The Israelites marched once around city of Jericho each day, for 6 days
- Then on 7th day: they marched 7 times around in one day
- Then there was a long final blast of the trumpet
- Then all the people gathered together did shout in judgment against the city Jericho
- Then the walls of the city came falling down and the city was exposed
- So finally the army of God’s people then completely destroyed the city
Spiritually Babylon today is the great walled city that stands in the way of God’s people obtaining the spiritual promised land.
The Battle Plan of Sevens to Defeat Spiritual Babylon (similar to Jericho’s battle plan):
- 7 seals: One for each period “day” of time (see Revelation 6 – 7, and also reference Isaiah 30:26)
- So after 6 seals, all in the last “day” of time, the 7th seal, we have the sounding of the 7 trumpet angels (see Revelation 8 – 11)
- Then, after the completion of the seven trumpets, there is the long final “kingdom” blast of the trumpet (see Revelation 12 – 14)
- Following all these trumpet battle blasts, now that all saints are gathered together as one: there is the pouring out (shouting judgement) of the 7 vials of wrathful judgment. These are poured out against the hypocrisy of the spiritual city of Babylon (see Revelation 15 & 16)
- Then the walls of deception fall! Spiritual Babylon is exposed, and the spiritual army of God’s people destroy the city (see Revelation 17 – 18)
Now in symbolic language, hear what Revelation has to further say after that the city is exposed:
“And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.” ~ Revelation 16:20
This is in direct reference to what preceded in the sixth seal when people fled to their religious islands and mountains to avoid the truth of God’s Word.
“天像书卷一样离开了，它被卷在一起；山海岛都搬离了原地。地上的君王、伟人、财主、军长、勇士、奴仆、自由人，都躲在山洞和岩石里。对山峦和岩石说，倒在我们身上，使我们躲避坐在宝座上者的面，躲避羔羊的愤怒：因为他愤怒的大日到了；谁能站得住呢？” ~ 启示录 6:14-17
The judgements of the sixth seal were only enough to get “every mountain and island… moved out of their places.” But in Revelation 16:20, after the pouring out of the final seventh vial, the judgement of God was completed, therefore the Lord States: “it is done.” And after this we see “And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.” There was no longer any place of religious hypocrisy for people to hide with their sin under. Therefore the judgement is hitting them directly and with great weight!
“And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” ~ Revelation 16:21
The reason that judgement preaching is hitting them like great hailstones is because of their spiritual condition. They are extremely cold to the truth and they keep trying to push it away! Like normal rain, when the conditions are warm, rain falls genteelly to the ground and waters it. So those who love God receive the pure gospel truth and it blesses them. But when there is trouble in the atmosphere, where the cold updrafts blow back up towards heaven and keep pushing the rain back up and freezing it, then it forms into hail. So the cold religious spiritual condition of people will keep pushing the pure gospel truth back up into God’s face. Eventually the weight of that gospel truth becomes so heavy that it cannot be pushed back, and it falls very heavy!
But notice what religious people do when the gospel hits them that hard. Instead of repenting, they will speak disrespectfully of it. “And men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” (Revelation 16:21)
How are you responding to a true gospel message against modern day fake Christianity? Do you get offended? Do you still try to run to your religious teachings for cover. Do you fight by speaking disrespectfully concerning the pure unchanged truth of the Gospel? Where does the Revelation of Jesus Christ find you?